BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 26 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complimented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of over 300 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Develop, optimize, and manage tools and processes to support, maintain, and monitor BGC’s on-premise and cloud environments
- Strive for 0% downtime while encouraging continuous deployment methodologies
- Find or develop simple ways and procedures that will make other teams more productive and will support our internal processes
- Be on a constant hunt for new technologies to further improve BGC and yourself
- Tune system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and cost
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience.
- 5+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge of Windows
- Experience in deployment and maintenance of web technologies with IIS and .NET
- Experience with formal change control/management procedures
- Experience with CI/CD through TFS or Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with optimizing configuration management and server deployment using automation, with technologies such as PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Terraform or Packer
- Experience with virtualization and cloud deployments using PaaS on Azure or AWS
- Ability to architect and implement solutions which maximize system availability and performance via clustering and fault-tolerance
- Practical knowledge of database administration using MS SQL, Oracle, or DB2
- Required willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About BGC’s Environment
BGC values unique contributions and rewards high performance with competitive compensation complimented by trend setting benefits in a convenient downtown location. We offer participation in many of our in house recreational activities, multiple learning opportunities, a work life integration culture with an on-site gym, and free yoga classes. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where leadership exists at every level and you thrive on rolling up your sleeves because the satisfaction of getting it done well hits your sweet spot then go ahead and take the chance of convincing us why you are the rock star we have been searching for: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck with your job search!