Intermediate Hydrotechnical Engineer
BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 27 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complemented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of nearly 400 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Act as a project engineer for hydrotechnical modeling and design projects.
- Participate in proposal writing and identifying new opportunities.
- Potentially manage projects, including proposals, budgets, schedules, staffing, and scope.
- Occasional travel to project locations both domestic and international.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior professional staff in the field and office.
- Help promote BGC vision, values and culture amongst BCG staff.
- Flexible, although BGC’s Vancouver office is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional Engineer with APEGBC, or similar association in the jurisdiction of employment.
- A fundamental understanding of hydraulics, hydrology, hydrotechnical design, and river engineering, combined with the ability to integrate and work with geotechnical and hydrogeological disciplines.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, hydrological and watershed models.
- Experience in mine site water management, pipeline stream crossings, flood risk studies, and construction, is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Spoken and written Spanish language skills are an asset.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
About BGC’s Environment
BGC offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and a casual, but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: