Junior Developer/Data Analyst (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 27 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complimented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
BGC is a growing team of over 350 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Design and implement queries and data extractions to support custom reporting of accounting, project management, operations, and human resources – data reconciliation
- Develop work flows and custom apps that integrate with current software
- Support, maintenance, and enhancements (C#, SQL) of custom in-house applications
- Create and maintain custom reporting, Cubes, Tabular models, Power BI
- Add content and extract data from software and/or data warehouses
- Modify current software forms to capture meta data
- Stay curious. Work towards improving BGC's body of knowledge by researching and applying new technologies to BGC's applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience
- 2+ years of experience with TSQL
- Experience developing data analysis, BI, tabular models, DAX
- Experience with general programming (VBA, C#, Python) and web programming (ASP.net, jquery)
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and/or Report Development Life Cycle
- Experience working with Visual Studio
- Advanced experience working in Excel with data tables, functions, macros etc.
- Report development experience, and knowledge of accounting systems would be a plus
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You love to be challenged and have the willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology
About BGC’s Environment
BGC values unique contributions and rewards high performance with competitive compensation complimented by trend setting benefits in a convenient downtown location. We offer participation in many of our in house recreational activities, multiple learning opportunities, a work life integration culture with an on-site gym, and free yoga classes. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where leadership exists at every level and you thrive on rolling up your sleeves because the satisfaction of getting it done well hits your sweet spot, then go ahead and take the chance of convincing us why you are the rock star we have been searching for: email@example.com