Senior Hydrotech Engineer
BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 26 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complemented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of over 300 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Act as a technical lead and/or technical reviewer for hydrotechnical modeling and design projects.
- Manage projects, including proposals, budgets, schedules, staffing, and scope.
- Manage multi-disciplined project teams, potentially working in remote and challenging environments.
- Occasional travel to project locations in North and South America and beyond.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior and intermediate professional staff in the field and office.
- Participate in business development, including identifying new opportunities, promoting BGC’s capacity for undertaking innovative and advanced hydrotechnical projects, and proposal writing.
- Helping promote BGC vision, values and culture amongst BCG staff.
BGC’s Vancouver or Toronto offices are preferred.
- 20 years or more of relevant professional experience.
- Professional Engineer with APEGBC or similar association.
- A fundamental understanding of hydraulics, hydrology, hydrotechnical design, and river engineering, combined with the ability to integrate and work with geotechnical and hydrogeological disciplines, is essential.
- Experience in mine site water management, pipeline stream crossings, flood risk studies, and dam safety evaluations, is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Spoken and written Spanish language skills are an asset.
About BGC’s Environment
BGC aspires to be the world leader in applied earth sciences by 2025. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and a casual, but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: