Software QA Developer (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 26 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complimented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of over 300 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Review user stories and acceptance criteria for quality and test plan analysis
- Develop, manage, and execute end to end test plans for our software products
- Develop, review, and execute automated and manual test cases
- Work in a Scrum/Agile environment to plan and estimate work at different levels (story, sprint, release)
- Work with developers throughout development to ensure applications are testable
- Mentor and train the developers and testers on QA standards and best practices
- Collaborate with the developers to review and develop unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and scenarios
- Communicate test progress and results to project stakeholders
- Stay curious. Work towards improving BGC's body of knowledge by researching and applying new technologies to BGC's applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience
- 3+ years of direct experience in the designing, implementing, and running tests and tracking/reporting results
- 1+ years of automation testing experience
- Experience with web and mobile application testing
- Ability to learn software fast, add/append to existing automation frameworks & create automated tests as required
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience with databases (Microsoft SQL Server is a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with source control using TFS, Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with bug tracking systems like JIRA
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You love to be challenged and have the willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology
About BGC’s Environment
BGC values unique contributions and rewards high performance with competitive compensation packages complimented by trend setting benefits in a convenient downtown location. We offer participation in many of our in house recreational activities, multiple learning opportunities, a work life integration culture with an on-site gym, and free yoga classes. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where leadership exists at every level and you thrive on rolling up your sleeves because the satisfaction of getting it done well hits your sweet spot then go ahead and take the chance of convincing us why you are the rock star we have been searching for: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck with your job search!