Administrative Assistant (Vancouver, BC)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 550 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, receive mentorship opportunities, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunchtime yoga and companywide clubs.
BGC is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Kamloops office. As an Administrative Assistant, you will work alongside BGC team members and collaborate with your fellow Admin staff. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment alongside our Admin Team, Engineers, Geoscientists, and other teams within BGC and will report to BGC’s Senior Office Administrator and Kamloops Office Manager.
You will gain valuable industry experience working at a multinational Applied Earth Sciences engineering firm while practicing our core values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
- Provide reception coverage and understand the tasks/duties pertaining to the front desk.
- Maintain proper safety etiquette and protocol of COVID19 guidelines as set out by office
- Assist in maintaining tidiness and general upkeep of kitchen area, visitor workstations, and common office spaces
- Organize various office equipment, promo gear and supplies inventory
- Liaise with building management (i.e. repairs, maintenance, security)
- Coordinate visits from vendors and contractors
- Schedule and coordinate vehicle rentals and return
- Various safety related tasks such as office inspections and booking training
- Shipping and receiving, including heavy items and field equipment
- Assist with booking and coordinating travel for visiting staff and clients
- Maintain supply of office snacks
- Complete and submit Expense Reports from staff as requested
- Track parking passes for staff and visitors
- Set up workspaces for new hires
Training & Events
- Support and assist with internal training for staff
- Book meeting rooms, prepare and setup of audio-video equipment
- Assist with planning occasional office outings and company social events
- Assist in organizing logistics for conferences and events
- Plan catering for office functions and meetings
- Assist the Office Administrator and Office Manager with special projects as needed
- Support the Kamloops office and greater BGC Admin Team as needed
- Data entry as needed
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects, as assigned
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience
- Bachelors degree or diploma, is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office products and comfortable with learning new technology and software
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Collaborative approach to working in a team environment
- Adaptable and able to pivot with changing priorities
- Working knowledge of general administrative operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to promoting office and team culture and values
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Parental leave top-ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentorship opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.