BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 550 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, receive mentorship opportunities, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunchtime yoga and companywide clubs.
BGC is looking for a Contracts Administrator to join our Business Team. As a Contracts Administrator, you will have the opportunity to be involved with coordinating the contract activities of the company. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment alongside our Admin Support groups, Geomatics groups, Engineers, Geoscientists, and report to Corporate Affairs. You will gain valuable industry experience working at a multinational Engineering firm, while practicing our values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
- Prioritize contract review and negotiation requests
- Manage internal contract negotiation workflow
- Analyze and escalate potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Review and update existing contracts
- Explain terms and conditions to relevant parties
- Coordinate internal and external execution of contracts
- Schedule meetings and recording minutes
- Prepare and coordinate contracts for negotiation
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records
- Manage contract expiries and renewals
- Identify and retrieve previously executed contracts
- Research current industry practice relating to insurance and claims
- Follow-up on assigned actions
- Support BGC with ad-hoc tasks for other teams or projects
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Minimum 5-10 years of administrative working experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in contracts administration, procurement, or relevant role
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Business or Legal Administration is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office products and comfortable with learning new technology and software
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Adaptable and able to pivot with changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and critical mindset for making recommendations
- Organizational skills to multitask, work well under pressure, and work efficiently to meet strict deadlines
- Attention to detail with ability to spot errors and discrepancies
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels including staff, managers, and internal and external partners
- Collaborative approach to working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of general administrative operations
- Knowledge of accounting procedures is an asset
- Participation in industry insurance and contracting seminars is an asset
BGC’s Calgary, Vancouver, or Kamloops office is preferred as a home base; however, BGC has offices in various Canadian cities and in Golden, Colorado which may be considered for exceptional candidates.
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Parental leave top-ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.