Health & Safety Advisor (Golden, Colorado)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 500 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, receive mentorship opportunities, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunchtime yoga and companywide clubs.
BGC is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to support a dynamic group of applied earth science professionals and create a safe work environment for all employees and contractors. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape BGC’s Health & Safety (H&S) Management System by developing new programs and procedures to align with regulatory and client requirements.
Reporting to the H&S Manager, and working out of our Golden, Colorado office, the successful candidate will provide their safety expertise and guidance while practicing our values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
- Update existing and develop new H&S policies, procedures and programs in accordance with client requirements, legislation and industry best practices
- Support US-based field work primarily in the mining, pipeline and transportation sector by reviewing Health and Safety Plans, safety reports, providing training resources, and performing site inspections
- Be a safety leader as a key member of the company-wide H&S committee
- Develop strong relationships with employees to help define and achieve our H&S goals
- Support the rapidly growing Golden office with H&S advice, processes, programs and tools
- Collaborate with the Golden H&S committee members in facilitating monthly H&S meetings
- Additional duties as required
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Certificate, diploma, or bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety (or related) field
- CSP designation or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with successful, leadership of H&S programs
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and MSHA Laws and Regulations and training requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 health & safety management systems
- Practical experience implementing OSHA requirements in a field context
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify deficiencies and offer creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to travel (U.S. & Canada)
- International H&S program and legislation experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Canadian H&S legislation is an asset
- Experience with consulting engineering in pipeline construction, transportation and/or mining is an asset
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave top ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.