Human Resources Advisor (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, companywide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is seeking a Human Resources Advisor to work in our Vancouver Head Office. In this role you will be supporting all aspects of human resources for our growing company. Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the successful candidate will help achieve HR objectives while practicing our values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense and Clarity.
- Experience working with post-secondary schools and managing recruitment drives online and at career fairs.
- Full cycle recruitment process including managing all stages of the process.
- Provide support for the performance management cycle and overall employee development.
- Assist with immigration mobility and obtaining work visas for various countries for upcoming new joiners and interoffice mobility.
- Act as point of contact/resource for employees to help with answering HR related questions.
- Travel to several of our Canadian offices once a year to maintain relations with all staff and keep everyone connected.
- Support quarterly employee engagement surveys including collation of results and recommendations for follow-up action.
- Disability & Leave management.
- Wellness program development and support.
- Benefit administration including assisting with claims resolution.
Compensation, Analytics & Reporting
- Conduct annual salary surveys to help ensure the company is using effective compensation programs.
- Produce monthly reports on absenteeism levels/leave records.
- Support the conversion of data to a new HRIS/HCM system.
Learning & Development
- Support learning and development programs including BGC’s internal lunch time talk series.
Health & Safety
- Support WCB administration.
- Arrange and assess pre and post-employment screening including drug and alcohol testing.
- Diploma or degree in human resources or a related discipline.
- CHRP designation (or in progress) an asset.
- 4+ years’ experience in human resources with focused experience in both technical recruiting and HR generalist roles.
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically Word, Excel, PPT, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of various employment legislation; knowledge of employment tax related matters is an asset.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining recruitment analytics and other related reporting tools.
- Working knowledge of HRIS/HCM systems such as Workday or Success Factors; implementation experience an asset.
- US and or Global experience or exposure considered a strong asset.
- Strong sense of accountability, sound judgement and commitment to safety.
- Interested in working within a diverse and inclusive environment with enthusiasm to work collaboratively and respectfully to achieve mutual success.
- Clear communicator with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Work as a team player and provide guidance in non-reporting relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and re-align objectives as needed.
- Travel requirements less than 20%.
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a covering letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity & inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.