Intermediate / Senior Civil 3D Designer
BGC Engineering’s Vancouver office requires the services of a Civil 3D Designer with 5+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment on their own and within a team.
This challenging position requires the creation of 3d designs to ultimately produce quality production drawings.
- Lead project designer involving the design of dams, spillways, channels, roads, grading plans;
- Create and manage 3D models and data using Civil 3D;
- Preparation of design and construction drawings in the mining and pipeline field;
- Produce drawings relating to earthworks design;
- Effectively communicate the status of tasks, design changes and continuous improvement items to the rest of the team.
- 5+ years of direct experience designing with Civil 3d.
- Extensive knowledge of Civil 3D and earthworks design concepts (e.g. grading, slopes, surfaces creation, volume calculations, etc);
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills;
- Attention to detail is a must;
- Ability to introduce new ideas and CAD routines to enhance operations;
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment;
- Earthworks design and preparation of 3D models using Civil 3D.
- A 2 year certificate or a post-secondary education degree from an accredited vocational / technical institute;
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefit package, and maintains a casual, but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a covering letter, in confidence to: