Intermediate to Senior Civil or Geotechnical Engineering Technologist
BGC is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Civil or Geotechnical Engineering Technologist. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience. The suitable candidate should have the ability to work in multi-disciplined project teams on projects in remote, challenging environments, and a desire to travel and work in remote conditions.
About the Role
- Field monitoring (QA/QC) of earthworks construction to design plans and specifications
- Technical review and input during construction
- In-situ density testing of compacted materials
- Field testing of concrete
- Evaluation of liner installation
- Field sampling of various construction materials
- Interaction with clients and contractors.
Fieldwork performed on projects situated throughout North America and the world, but primarily in Ontario and Western Canada. Ideally, the candidate would be based out of a BGC office in Toronto, Halifax, Fredericton, Calgary, Edmonton, Kamloops or Vancouver.
- Civil/Geotechnical Technician/Technologist Diploma or a relevant undergraduate degree in Civil (Geotechnical) engineering
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- Currently registered as an CET
- Applied knowledge of Environmental Engineering, Construction Monitoring, Technical Writing, Field Mapping, Field Testing and Laboratory Testing
- Strong understanding of mining and mine construction
- Project management skills and the ability to work with client teams on large projects
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- A self-starter with a keen desire to contribute to technical excellence in a “one team” environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Available for travel and fieldwork, potentially in remote settings.
Desired Attributes and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of geotechnical laboratory testing
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to prepare, present, and peer-review reports and engineering drawings
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual, but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter, in confidence to: