Intermediate Hydrogeologist/Hydrogeological Engineer
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 500 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as company-wide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is seeking an Intermediate Hydrogeologist or Hydrogeological Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of approximately 50 hydrogeological professionals working primarily on mining projects across North America. Projects span all phases of the mining life cycle and typically involve multi-disciplinary teams.
- Lead small to medium-sized teams on various scopes that may include hydrogeological site characterization, numerical modelling, design projects and reporting.
- Manage projects from start to end, including proposal writing, budget and change order management, invoicing, schedule, staffing, and scope development.
- Mentor junior professional staff in the field and office.
- Plan, organize, and execute field programs while regularly communicating with clients and contractors.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Post-graduate degree in hydrogeology or hydrogeological engineering
- 6 to 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Registered professional, P.Geo. or P.Eng. with EGBC or similar association
- Fundamental understanding of hydrogeology, hydrology, and engineering geology combined with the ability to integrate and work with geotechnical and hydrotechnical disciplines.
- Experience in mine site water management and monitoring, including pit dewatering and depressurization, site investigation and characterization, tailings and water storage dam design and seepage control, permitting and environmental impact assessments.
- Knowledge of water chemistry and capability of managing water quality datasets to support groundwater monitoring programs and permitting.
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with groundwater modelling (e.g., 2D seepage modelling, 3D numerical modelling) is an asset.
- Spoken and written Spanish language skills are an asset.
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours and work from home policies
- Parental leave top ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC has offices in the following locations:
Canada - Vancouver, Kamloops, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Fredericton, Halifax
USA - Golden (Colorado)
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.