BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 600 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as company-wide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is seeking an IT Manager to actively manage the IT and telecom operations across BGC’s locations in North and South America. Reporting to the CIO, the IT Manager will oversee an existing IT operations service provider to ensure reliable, high quality IT services are delivered to BGC staff in more than 10 offices and across four time zones. This position is based in our Vancouver office.
In collaboration with the CIO, this role will contribute to the development of strategic frameworks for IT operations and service delivery, and related technologies. In addition, the role will be responsible for the following areas:
- Set and measure performance targets (e.g.: service request response and close rates, client satisfaction, etc.)
- Manage relationships with delivery teams and partners, hold regular service delivery reviews
- Oversee delivery of helpdesk and desktop support services
- Guide the delivery, expansion, hardening and reliability of BGC’s network assets, including LAN, WAN, and wi-fi
- Assess cyber threats to BGC’s information assets and develop solutions and programs as counter-measures
IT Asset Management
- Oversee the asset management of devices and equipment including laptops, tablets and software
- Establish standards for hardware and refresh cycles
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in IT management
- Hands on, technical experience with desktop support, IT asset management, LAN/WAN networking and cyber security
- Management expertise in one or more of the following areas: Helpdesk, Networking, Cybersecurity, Asset management
- Ability to manage numerous high priority IT projects from inception to sustainment
- Strong financial acumen, including assessing, managing, planning and overseeing project and operations budgets in excess of $1M
- Experience analyzing IT solution alternatives to a problem and making recommendations and decisions based on structured decision processes
- Ability to work independently and often autonomously in the management of projects, teams and operational disciplines
- Strategic thinking and planning skills with respect to work execution
- Experience working in an engineering or consulting environment is an asset
- Experience within a multi-jurisdictional environment preferred
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave top-ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.