Junior 2 Engineers
- Conducting data collection in the field, such as log preparation during the completion of borings, inspection of pipeline crossings, and mapping of geohazards;
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and proposals by producing figures, writing sections, drafting drawings or maps, and creating graphs under the supervision and guidance of project managers;
- Performing quality control (QC) of data collected in the field;
- Conducting construction monitoring of embankment dams, logging test pits, participating in the completion of test fills, writing daily reports and field memorandums, and reviewing engineering drawings;
- Completing instrumentation designs and processing instrumentation data to evaluate the performance of embankment dams and pipelines;
- Processing and interpreting data collected from borings or field instrumentation to develop conceptual models, such as slope stability models, under the supervision and guidance of project managers;
- Conducting analyses of geoscience and engineering problems via hand calculations, spreadsheet calculations, analytical models and numerical models with problem bounds and parameters established by supervisors; and
- Drafting health and safety plans under the guidance of the company-wide safety manager.
Travel Requirement: Less than 20 days of domestic travel per year to conduct fieldwork.
Employer requires a Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering and two (2) years of work experience drafting technical reports. In addition, the employer requires the following:
- A valid driver’s license;
- Demonstrated ability processing data with Microsoft Excel Macros;
- Demonstrated ability collecting soil and groundwater samples via drilling, hand-augering and sampling of groundwater wells;
- Demonstrated ability logging boreholes and collecting data from instruments in the field; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of Arcmap or other mapping or drafting software.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
Please send resumes to: BGC Engineering, Inc., 701 12th Street, Suite 211, Golden, Colorado 80401 (Attn: Erin Kalvik) or please apply at the following link: http://bit.ly/2l4ipjy