Office Administrator (Calgary)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. There is currently over 550 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, companywide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is looking for an Office Administrator to join our Calgary Admin Team. As an Office Administrator, you will have the opportunity to be involved with planning office activities and events, supporting company- wide initiatives, and creating systems to accommodate a growing office. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment alongside our Admin Team, Geomatics groups, Engineers, Geoscientists and will report to BGC’s Senior Office Administrator and Calgary Office Managers. You will gain valuable industry experience working at a multinational geotechnical engineering firm, while practicing our core values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
- Work to ensure proper safety etiquette and protocol of COVID19 guidelines are being maintained
- Liaise with building management for repairs, maintenance, and security
- Coordinate with Admin Assistant(s) and Office Manager(s) to maintain general office organization and upkeep
- Prepare for new hires and office transfers, including onboarding activities and coordinating workstation set ups
- Communicate with IT support on office issues and needs
- Provide accounts payable assistance (invoice input/approvals, expense report preparation, credit card reconciliation)
- Provide back-up reception coverage, requiring an understanding of tasks/duties pertaining to the front desk
- Assist with booking and coordination of travel, as well as tracking staff vacations, office visits and field stints
- Source vendors and suppliers for general office needs
- Assist in maintaining and tracking of field and office equipment
Training & Events
- Support and assist staff with booking and planning internal professional development training and external safety training courses
- Book boardrooms, prepare and setup of audio-video equipment
- Assist with planning office and company social events
- Organize catering for office functions, training and events
- Support office and company wide ad-hoc projects and tasks
- Data entry as needed
- Assist the Senior Office Administrator with special projects
- Support the greater BGC Admin Team as needed
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years of administrative working experience
- Reliable, punctual and professional
- Ability to work independently and self-direct
- Collaborative approach to working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Adaptable and able to pivot with changing priorities
- Proficient in MS Office products and comfortable with learning new technology and software
- Ability to mentor and provide support to junior administrative staff
- Commitment to promoting office and team culture and values
- Bachelor’s Degree is an asset
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Comprehensive extended benefits package
- Laptop and cell phone
- Flexible hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave top ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC's Calgary Alberta office.
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.