Senior Office Administrator (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, companywide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
The successful candidate will provide leadership capacity to BGC’s global Administrative Team for all BGC’s offices, and lead BGC’s Vancouver-based Administrative Team, services, and processes. This person will have supervision by, and responsibility to, BGC’s Management Team.
- Fostering BGC’s One Team value amongst all of BGC’s administrative professionals
- Leadership in maintenance and improvement of BGC’s global administrative processes and services
- Support the career growth of BGC’s administrative professionals through mentoring, learning and development opportunities, and performance management
- Supervise the Vancouver Administrative Team, including task prioritization, scheduling, and recruiting
- Provide administrative support to BGC’s Management Team, including online or in-person meeting coordination across multiple locations while managing conflicting demands and schedule changes
- Coordinate or assist with event planning for business and internal social events, on & off-site
- 8+ years of administrative experience in a professional work environment
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Proven people management skills and ability to manage a team
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Available for interoffice travel, potentially monthly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Office 365, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to apply discretion and tact when working with sensitive information
- Experience working in an engineering or other consulting firm is an asset
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity & inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.