Senior Software Tester (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering’s Vancouver office requires the services of a Senior Software Tester with 5+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment on their own and within a group.
This challenging position requires the creation of an automated testing framework that will be used to test BGC’s many safety critical web and mobile applications. While the focus for the Senior Software Tester is test automation, the successful candidate will also work with and guide other testers through manual tests. Having experience setting up an automated testing framework is required.
- Lead the development effort of the automation framework
- Develop, review, and execute automated and manual test cases
- Mentor and train the developers and testers on QA standards and best practices
- Collaborate with the developers to review and develop unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and scenarios
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to software developers
- Communicate test progress and results to project stakeholders.
- 5+ years of direct experience in the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing
- 3+ years of automation testing experience
- 2+ years of direct experience as a lead tester
- 1+ year of building automation frameworks
- Strong experience with web and mobile application testing
- Direct hands-on experience with databases (Microsoft SQL Server is a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with source control using TFS, Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with task management and planning software such as TFS, JIRA, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a covering letter in confidence to:
Ms. Kari Hughes