Office 365/SharePoint Support Specialist (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 26 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complimented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of over 300 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Provide in-person and remote employee support for Office 365 and SharePoint 2016, including OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Office 2016, Yammer and all related Microsoft cloud services
- Educate and train local and remote employees about their use of Office 365 and SharePoint and associated best practices
- Act as a change agent in the domain of collaboration, assisting employees with their use of Office 365 to facilitate collaborative ways of working
- Take ownership of SharePoint and Office 365 service request tickets. Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve requests
- Understand BPM and how to improve business processes through tools such as Nintex, PowerApps and Flow
- Experience with Sharegate is a plus
- Understanding of the mining, energy and transportation industries is a bonus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education and working experience.
- 2+ years of experience, including recent deskside experience (within last 6 months) supporting employees with broad selection of Office 365 services
- Ideally 1 plus year of Office 365 deployment and system administration experience
- Must be self-motivating and independent, with the ability to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision but in cooperation with a larger team
- Experience with Service Request and Incident management processes
- Customer service excellence, shaped around enhancing the employee’s experience of working with and Office 365
- Experience working on technology change/transformation projects, with a proven record of developing relationships and influencing employees to adopt new technology and ways of working
- Is collaborative, contributes within the team, and can turn questions and problems into opportunities for durable solutions
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About BGC’s Environment
GC values unique contributions and rewards high performance with competitive compensation packages complimented by trend setting benefits in a convenient downtown location. We offer participation in many of our in house recreational activities, multiple learning opportunities, a work life integration culture with an on-site gym, and free yoga classes. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where leadership exists at every level and you thrive on rolling up your sleeves because the satisfaction of getting it done well hits your sweet spot then go ahead and take the chance of convincing us why you are the rock star we have been searching for:
Good Luck with your job search!