Software QA Lead
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, company-wide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is looking for a Software QA Lead to work in our Vancouver, BC office. In this role you will be working with alongside world class engineers and geoscientists as a part of BGC’s talented software development team.
The successful applicant will lead BGC's software QA team to test safety critical software applications. They will apply their software QA knowledge to help the software team build robust applications that monitor potential geological hazards and risks in real-time. The candidate will have the opportunity to conquer unique challenges test web and mobile applications that use a state of the art geographical information system with cloud infrastructures.
To learn more about the software development team at BGC, click here: http://www.bgcengineering.ca/software.
- Lead the roadmap for the QA team to introduce and improve web and mobile automation test frameworks and processes.
- Be immersed in the development of cross-platform mobile applications developed with Xamarin for offline use in the field.
- Work on features from beginning to end. Help refine User Stories by gathering requirements from stakeholders. Develop and execute end to end test plans using best in class tools and industry best practices. Be responsible for developing and executing pull requests and release/deployment processes.
- Mentor and train the developers and testers on QA standards and best practices, ensuring the applications being developed are testable.
- Be an integral part of the software team. Work alongside our more seasoned team members in a collaborative Scrum/Agile environment.
- Stay curious. Work towards improving BGC's body of knowledge by researching and applying new technologies to BGC's applications.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience.
- You have 5+ years of direct experience in the designing, implementing, and running tests and tracking/reporting results.
- You have 3+ years of automation testing experience.
- You are a leader and know how to delegate work to other team members while being well-informed on progress.
- You have the drive and experience to lead the team to improve processes/workflows to incorporate best practices and meet industry standards.
- You have experience with web and mobile application testing.
- You have experience with maintaining, managing and configuring build systems like Azure DevOps and Visual Studio App Center.
- You have experience with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
- You have experience with test case management systems like Zephyr, TestRail, TestLink, etc.
- You have experience dealing with customer support issues. (This will be an asset.)
- You have exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You love to be challenged and have the willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology.
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity & inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.