Test Automation Developer
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 600 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as company-wide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is seeking a Test Automation Developer to work as part of the QA team, with a focus on the development and maintenance of the test automation framework in the Agile CI/CD environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated scripts using Selenium with SpecFlow (BDD) and C#
- Create detailed test plans and test cases in accordance with the business requirements
- Convert manual test cases into automated test scripts following page object model and data-driven approach
- Proactively develop and improve the automation framework
- Execute, monitor, debug and fix failing E2E tests
- Provide accurate estimates during grooming sessions
- Prioritize work based on the business needs for each sprint
- Perform code review and provide feedback to improve code quality.
- Perform manual testing when required and file bug reports following appropriate QA practices
- Work closely with the QA team, software developers, product owners, DevOps and UI
- Coach and mentor other members of the QA and development teams
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience
- Extensive experience in software quality assurance and software testing
- 3-5+ years of experience writing code in C#
- 3+ years of experience creating automated tests using SpecFlow
- 5+ years of Functional Testing experience
- Experience using Azure DevOps
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave top-ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.